locked
My Window 8.1 Apps is not working

    Question

  • Hello Guys,

    I Create a window 8.1 app and it is getting data from SharePoint Online when Launched. problem is when I deploy package on test machine it gives me two errors

    1.

    App 41191b6f-7e90-4fb7-ae7d-ec4f8da1b40e_1.0.0.31_x64__cmfrcat799a58+App did not launch within its allotted time.

    2.

    The program AwqafOman.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

    Process ID: 14e0

    Start Time: 01cf57ebaac02b52

    Termination Time: 4294967295

    Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\41191b6f-7e90-4fb7-ae7d-ec4f8da1b40e_1.0.0.31_x64__cmfrcat799a58\AwqafOman.exe

    Report Id: f25f6a28-c3de-11e3-825a-00155d00bb0f

    Faulting package full name: 41191b6f-7e90-4fb7-ae7d-ec4f8da1b40e_1.0.0.31_x64__cmfrcat799a58

    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

    First of all how can I be able to find out where actually problem is coming. than I will look for possible solution.

    Edit - Or It will be useful for me how to log errors for Window 8.1 Apps 

    Thanks

     


    • Edited by GirishMeena Monday, April 14, 2014 3:05 PM Error logging
    Monday, April 14, 2014 2:19 PM

Answers

  • It sounds like the app is taking a long time to download information from SP. You should move that code into a splash page.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by GirishMeena Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:27 AM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 7:14 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • It sounds like the app is taking a long time to download information from SP. You should move that code into a splash page.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    • Marked as answer by GirishMeena Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:27 AM
    Monday, April 14, 2014 7:14 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello Matt,

    Now I implemented the same still it is giving same error while Splash screen doing it's work. Some of the data get downloaded from SharePoint.

    Edit : Is it possible to know where exactly problem is coming?

    Thanks


    • Edited by GirishMeena Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:54 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:52 AM
  • You would need to launch under the debugger, break into the app while it's running the splash screen to see what is it doing.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:24 PM
    Moderator
  • Now it is taking around ~50 second when launched first time on device. subsequent launched it takes less time. Thanks for your suggestion.

    Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:27 AM