none
The <services> tag in a new WCF Service Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there:

I'm a WCF newbie. I'm studying WCF services.My goal is to be able to create WCF Services and WCF Data Services over a local network.

To start I created a new WCF Service application project.

In the article I'm reading, the author talks about the <services> tag in the Web,config file, but I see that the WCF Service Application project templete created the Web.config file for me, but under the <system.serviceModel> tag, it only placed <behaviors> and <protocolMapping> tags, but the author instructs to modify the <services> tag, which is not in my Web.config file. The <services> tag will let me configure the service I created.

Why didn't VS2012 autogenerate this tag for me when I created the Service?

Rafael

Believe you can do it, and you will!!

• Edited by RalphDev Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:07 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Because when you use the WCF Service Application project templete, then the wcf service will be host in the IIS. And the services configure has already been configured in the IIS. We do not need to write it again.

If you want to add the <services>, you can just add it in the <system.serviceModel>.

And if you use the WCF Service Library templete, then you will see the <service> tag.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by RalphDev Friday, February 7, 2014 1:53 PM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Because when you use the WCF Service Application project templete, then the wcf service will be host in the IIS. And the services configure has already been configured in the IIS. We do not need to write it again.

If you want to add the <services>, you can just add it in the <system.serviceModel>.

And if you use the WCF Service Library templete, then you will see the <service> tag.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by RalphDev Friday, February 7, 2014 1:53 PM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 8:26 AM
  • Thank you for answering.

Believe you can do it, and you will!!

Friday, February 7, 2014 1:53 PM