none
Refresh Dataset/TableAdapter in designer RRS feed

• Question

• Im not sure if im missing a trick here or not but i thought to ask.

I create a class project and insert a Dataset. Inside the Dataset designer i connect to the database and create a tableAdapter.

Later on i need to add a field to a table. I go into SQL Management Studio and make the change. I come back to the dataset i created and either have to delete the tableadapter and reinsert again, or have to go through the main query and add the column but using this method i have to do this for each query i have under the tableadapter.

Is there a quick way to refresh the entire dataset/tableadapter especially if i have made multiple changes to different tables and column types?

Thanks

Sunday, February 17, 2013 5:14 PM

Answers

• PD,

Depending on to what extent you changed things, then maybe: In the DataSources window, right-click and choose "Configure DataSet With Wizard":

That should see the changes and it should be obvious what to do.

If you changed a type though, then it gets a bit tricky. You'll need to first remove it (in the window that you'll see there) then click ok to let it do that, then go back and add it again. The second time through it'll recognize it as the new field type.

Please call me Frank :)

Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:28 PM