Sec+ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I managed to achieve my CompTIA Sec+ ages ago but it doesn't show up on my history.  What is it or who do I need to contact for this qualification to be recognised as part of my msca/mcse?

Thanks

Mell
    Friday, April 25, 2008 3:05 PM

Answers

•  
    1. In order to submit your CompTIA certifications to Microsoft you will need to do the following: Log into your CompTIA record at www.comptia.org/careerid. If you are a first time user, you will need to create a user name and password before you can access the database and you will need to have your score report available. If you do not have a copy of your score report, please contact the test delivery provider that you used to take your exam. They will either mail you a copy of your score report or e-mail the information to you. The test vendors’ telephone numbers are the following: VUE: 1-877-551-7587 and Prometric: 1-800-776-4276.
    2. Once you have logged into your record you will need to click on “publish credentials” and send your A+ and Network+ or Server+ for MCSA or Security+ for MCSE to: MCPHelp@microsoft.com. You will need to provide your MCP ID# in the text field of the validation form. You MUST use this “publish credentials” feature to validate your certifications to Microsoft. DO NOT send them an e-mail directly. Only by using this validation process will they accept your certification information. If you have any questions please contact Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544.

Stephen Charles Rea [MCT] askthemct.com
    Friday, April 25, 2008 6:44 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•  
    1. In order to submit your CompTIA certifications to Microsoft you will need to do the following: Log into your CompTIA record at www.comptia.org/careerid. If you are a first time user, you will need to create a user name and password before you can access the database and you will need to have your score report available. If you do not have a copy of your score report, please contact the test delivery provider that you used to take your exam. They will either mail you a copy of your score report or e-mail the information to you. The test vendors’ telephone numbers are the following: VUE: 1-877-551-7587 and Prometric: 1-800-776-4276.
    2. Once you have logged into your record you will need to click on “publish credentials” and send your A+ and Network+ or Server+ for MCSA or Security+ for MCSE to: MCPHelp@microsoft.com. You will need to provide your MCP ID# in the text field of the validation form. You MUST use this “publish credentials” feature to validate your certifications to Microsoft. DO NOT send them an e-mail directly. Only by using this validation process will they accept your certification information. If you have any questions please contact Microsoft at 1-800-636-7544.

Friday, April 25, 2008 6:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Cheers,

Thanks very much for your reply.  I have now published as instructed.

I have a vague recollection of doing this before or something akin to it only it seems if you didn't wait a number of days after the exam it wouldn't work.

Mell
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 11:50 AM
  • You're welcome. Also don't be alarmed if it takes 7 or 8 days. Some of my CompTIA exams too awhile working their way into the system because its not an automated process. I'm 95.2% certian someone actually enters these by hand.
    Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:50 PM
    Answerer