none
Migrating from Visual Basic 2008 express to Visual Studio 2015 - Can't Preview forms in 2015.

Question

• I'm trying to migrate several projects that were developed in 2008 express to 2015. Projects function ok, but I can not preview the forms. Is there anything I can do to restore the form preview?  I've tried it with both C# and Visual Basic applications and have the same result. Just the message that this item can not be previewed.
    Friday, November 13, 2015 6:31 PM

Answers

• Hi Kmog,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Refer to: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh266747.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

When you are considering whether you should move to a newer version of Visual Studio, you can use this document to find out which solutions, projects, files, and other assets that you created in Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012 or Visual Studio 2010 SP1 will run without modification in Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2015. Or, you might have reached this page if you encountered an error message when trying to open a project that isn't supported in the version of Visual Studio you opened it in, or requires an SDK or extension, such as the Azure SDK for .NET.

Refer to the above document, I think you need to upgrade your project to visual studio 2010 SP1 first, and then consider to upgrade to visual studio 2015.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 16, 2015 6:03 AM