none
Unrecognized ICU conversion error- (ODBC Error)

Question

• Hi,

I ran into issue when extracting data from salesforce in azure datafactory. Am using default salesforce service in ADF and trying to get id and description in which description contain huge amount of data and some special, junk characters. When i am query with sql, it showing error "Unrecognized ICU conversion error"(ODBC error). I try to replace the special character and convert, cast nothing works in sql because we need to query in sql 92 or SOQL . Any idea to overcome this issue? Please share your input.

Thanks in advance.  

Friday, June 29, 2018 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you able to get your query working in any other method other than the ADF connector?  You could try using a Custom Activity as a work-around:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/transform-data-using-dotnet-custom-activity

Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:31 PM
  • Yes. We able to execute the same query in other method but it not working when we pass the sql query for ADF salesforce connector.

Thanks for your input.

Friday, July 6, 2018 6:35 AM
  • Did you figure out this problem?

I am getting the same error when copying from Salesforce to an Azure SQL DB:

Activity CopyFullToODS failed: Failure happened on 'Source' side. ErrorCode=UserErrorOdbcOperationFailed,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=ODBC error 'HY000'.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary.Odbc.OdbcConnector,''Type=System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException,Message=ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][Support] (50310) Unrecognized ICU conversion error.,Source=Microsoft Salesforce ODBC Driver,'

Saturday, August 25, 2018 1:08 AM