none
support incidents? RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure which forum to post this question in, but here goes. Does anyone know what's up with Microsoft and support incidents for Windows Embedded Standard 7 toolkit. My small company bought the toolkit from MS via BSquare. Thought we were buying the full product, etc.
    In the first paragraph of the last page of the 'Quick Start Installation Guide' titled 'Technical Support' it states we are entitled to two no-charge support incidents.  Yet the two times I've tried to initiate an incident I spend about a 1/2 hour on the phone, getting routed here and there - and then told we aren't eligible!  When I talk to BSquare they say MS is still working this out - and I'm supposed to go thru them to get an incident started -- but so far no luck with that either. 

Has anybody else experienced this 'fun' ??
    Seems to MS shipped this before they had support in place? 

Jay Hamlin
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:18 PM

All replies

• You should work this though the distirbutor.

Have you posted the problem to this forum?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 11:52 PM
  • Our Experience: we got 20h free support - and after a few weeks with absolutly NO result MS said we're out of support hours. - so i don't give anything anymore on support. - only using this forum and my good contacts with the distributor in special cases.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:33 AM
  • Hi:

In my opinion. Don't want to get the support from the incidents. It is not userful for us to solve our questions. please spend more time to browse the fourm, Maybe you can get more information what you want . There are so many experts who can help you without money .

Thanks . 

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 3:13 AM
  • And beyond the forum, there are books, courses, white papers, etc. - http://www.seanliming.com/

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:03 AM