none
Bluetooth stack development for USB bluetooth device RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Some customer has vendor specific bluetooth stack which includes(SDP,SCO,L2CAP and HCI). They developed in android platform. They need to port to windows desktop envirnoment. 

In this case please help me how can i decide for this development? I am new to BT stack.

1) Can make umdf driver and communicate with winusb to talk with bluetooth usb device? Is it reasonable ? 

2) or should I need to make driver similar to Bthport.sys?

Please guide me thanks in advance

-david

A.David Preetham

• Edited by DavS22 Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:20 PM added usb on title
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Why do you need to rewrite the entire stack? If your goal is to use windows bth client drivers (hid, audio, etc) you need to write a bthport miniport. But the bigger question is why you need to reimplement the stack? Windows has a stack which supports USB and all.of the bth protocols you listed

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:36 PM
  • Doron Thanks for reply,

Need to implement HCI interface since vendor has their own protocol that HCI firmware will understand for general HCI events, ACL data , voice channels.  Microsoft Bluetooth stack is not compatible with the device. this is USB device. Vendor has already implemented stack in Linux distribution. This need to be ported for windows distribution.

This device USB device.

A.David Preetham

Friday, January 17, 2014 1:44 AM
  • You to write a Bluetooth miniport. Start with this sample, http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsdesktop/Bluetooth-Serial-HCI-6d95ac60 . You will have to replace the serial parts with USB Io (down the stack, not to a remote device stack)

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 17, 2014 2:58 AM
  • Doran Thanks for Solution,

Should I need to keep bthport.sys(port driver)? 

which ever i will develop based on the link you shared, will be similar to bthusb.sys?

which will be the bus driver?

If the device has different interfaces(bulk in/out , iso in/out) where i need to manage this interfaces? 

• Edited by DavS22 Friday, January 17, 2014 10:02 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 7:09 AM