Automatic debug/release assembly selection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a solution project, composed of several projects and thus assemblies.

Project A has a reference to Project B.

I can build the solution as either Debug or Release and each project then gets built as either Debug or Release, so far so good.

But Project A's reference to Project B doesn't get chnaged when I change from Debug to Release builds.

Thus when I change the build fron Debug to Release, the solution and all projects are built as Release builds BUT Project A is still referring to the Debug build of Project B, when I start the app it is always the Debug build of Project B that gets loaded.

Of course I can manually alter this, but this is a drag and I wonder is there some way to have the IDE do this automatically, that is when I change from Debug to Release also have references to projects changed from Debug to Release?

H
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:22 AM

Answers

• Captain Kernel said:

Hi

I have a solution project, composed of several projects and thus assemblies.

Project A has a reference to Project B.

I can build the solution as either Debug or Release and each project then gets built as either Debug or Release, so far so good.

But Project A's reference to Project B doesn't get chnaged when I change from Debug to Release builds.

Thus when I change the build fron Debug to Release, the solution and all projects are built as Release builds BUT Project A is still referring to the Debug build of Project B, when I start the app it is always the Debug build of Project B that gets loaded.

Of course I can manually alter this, but this is a drag and I wonder is there some way to have the IDE do this automatically, that is when I change from Debug to Release also have references to projects changed from Debug to Release?

H

Oops just answered my own question !

The reference that Project A had to Project B was actually set to Project B's output assembly in the file system. I just modified this so that I refer to the project and now it is fine.

I will leave this post here in case anyone else wonders about this.

H

• Marked as answer by liurong luo Monday, November 17, 2008 2:10 AM
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 11:25 AM