Trouble Adding Fields to memberinfo RRS feed

• Question

• User895775870 posted

This is day 2 about 16 hours into trying to figure this out, been though all 50+ pages of forums here.

I think I am loosing it. hehe help 

Database is a single database hosted by websecurestores. 

I have added fields to the remote database, modified the .xsd file and the memberregister.vbx

I assume I did the above correctly because when ran locally everything works perfect and all fields of the remote database are populated as expected.

The problem is when I upload the modified files to the host and try and add a new user only the membership and users tables are generated, nothing is added to the memberinfo table and no error messages are generated.

I currently use 2 differant web.config files one for connecting to database when ran in local in local mode debugging ect. and a seperate one I upload to the host so that the hosted site can connect to the database. 

Anyone have any ideas why it would work locally perfectly against the remote database, and only work against 2 of the tables when ran from hosted website?

Any input is appreciated.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:17 PM

All replies

• User2069888697 posted

If your Hosting company allows remote database connections you should be able to use the same web.config file.

It does sound like an odd problem, I would try moving the Local web.config to the hosting server and see how that works.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 8:22 PM
  • User895775870 posted

This is the connection string I must use for the WEBSITE to connect. 

<
    connectionStrings>

<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Server=WSXXX,1599;Database=A32XXXX;uid=A325XXXXXX;pwd=XXXXXXX;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Server=WSXXX,1599;Database=A325XXXX;uid=A325XXXXX;pwd=XXXXXXX;" />

</connectionStrings>

This is the connection string I must use to connect while running on my local machine.

<connectionStrings>

<remove name="LocalSqlServer" />

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Server=209.000.000.00,1599;Database=A325XXXX;uid=A325xxxxxxx;pwd=xxxxxxx;" />

<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Server=209.000.000.00,1599;Database=A325xxxx;uid=A325xxxxx;pwd=xxxxxxx;" />

<add name="A325xxxxxConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=209.000.000.00,1599;Initial Catalog=A325xxxxx;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=A325xxxxxxx;Password=xxxxxxx"

providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

</connectionStrings>

I use tool called mylittlesqltool though the helm control panel to directly access/modify the SQL database.

I hope this explains my situation aliitle clearer.

This is my first asp.net website, I have been runnning it for a year or so for a non-profit I am associated with.

I have a workaround populating a "new" memberinfo table but it is clumsy and not easy to use or maintain, thats why I am trying to get the member information combined into the existing table and entered by the user when they apply for membership.

Any clues to whats happening in the information above? any input is welcome as it gives me a place to start exploring, I am out of idea's.

P.S. Database address, username and password x'ed out for security reasons

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 10:30 PM