High Level architecture in some hours RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

This is a problem which is being faced by nearly every architect.

I have been asssigned a task to create end state architecture of a system which has many systems like legay systems, some .net application already in place and which should be agile(various systems can be plugged in ,plugged out easily without affecting others and changes can be made easily while system is running).

So how should i make a high level architecture for this kind of situation, been given 8 hours to create one. It should have already existing leagy systems ,.net applications(web application) represented as one black box each.

1. I think architects out here can help me making this kind of architecture.Just a figure is required representing the high level architecture of proposed system.

2. Also if somebody can guide me to some website where we can get some well known architectures like SOA with legacy, SOA enablement of already existing applications, architecture of system which needs to be based on a workflow engine.

Looking ahead for valuable responses from all learned person visiting this thread.

I thank you all for the same

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 11:26 AM

All replies

• 2. Web Service Facade for Legacy Applications

a high level architecure in 8 hours :-S I would say... look for the most common pattern for your situation and call it your HLA.. I don't think it's possible to make one in 8 hours.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 6:57 PM
  • Hi Clemens,

Thanks for your reply.I have used what you suggested but can you please give me URL of any good website where i can get figures and description of commonly used architectures.

Regards

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 5:16 AM