none
Customer recording data/emails and activation codes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am not a programmer but working on the production side of interactive media company. We have a interactive game which uses Kinect which we are trying to add to the MS store. 

Does anybody know

A) It is apparently normal to have an activation code once you purchase any game online.  How does this work on the MS store, they tell me they have never been asked this question before.. We will be selling to schools/colleges/home users - special needs users and want to have an activation code which would be given to the purchaser once they have paid, mainly to prevent piracy. 

b) How can a seller find out when a game has been sold and collect data from purchasers or do MS provide data of purchasers ie email addresses, it appears not?

best

Helen Mellidew

Helen@gamelabuk

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:26 PM

All replies

• I don't know the answers but then again, this forum is not general purpose. Your question is not about the Kinect hardware ,nor is it about the SDK.

The only thing I can tell you which I find relevant due to the commercial element ,is that in case you want to send data from the application to a server, data like screenshots with the users inside etc, you're gonna have a problem. You have to have to talk to a lawyer and have them draw up a legal notice explaining the usage of personal data,which you then have to show sometime on app initialization so the end user knows what he's getting into. Otherwise you can get sued if you don't describe such data transfers.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 10:05 PM