App status: In Store (but missing?) RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,
    I've recently submitted an application which passed certification and is currently with state "In Store" (as of October 26, 2018 1:41 PM).

The issue is that I cannot seem to locate the application anywhere. The application submission is for Private audience, and only for a specific group. I am unable to open/locate it via the Link provided in "Pricing and availability > Visibility" as well as the links provided in the "App identity" and the Store app itself (browsing it and Search), with both the dev account used for submission and an account in the private user group.

I am really at a loss and any assistence would be greatly appriciated!

Cheers!

Monday, October 29, 2018 5:47 PM

All replies

• Just to clarify by not being able to locate it I mean I get either:
    "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." when using the browser to find the app.
    "The thing you're looking for isn't here" - in Store app via the Store Protocol Link
    Monday, October 29, 2018 5:52 PM
  • Hi ANikolov,

You could open the Store in your browser and log in with your test account. In the same browser, click the link corresponding to URL if your app is only visible to certain people (requires authentication), so you should be able to find your app.Could you follow my suggestion to try again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:05 AM
  • Hi Daisy  Tian,

Cheers for your reply as mentioned in the original post I have (and just re-tried) done that.
    I went to "App Identity" where I clicked on the 
    URL if your app is only visible to certain people (requires authentication) which is of the following format "https://www.microsoft.com/store/r/{Store ID}", I was then promped to log in with an account and so I did using the test account.

After following the login procedure I was lead to "https://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?correlationId=SEJkp/34iEiPiayv.0.0.3" where I can see the following message:
    "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available."

Thanks again
    ANikolov
    Tuesday, October 30, 2018 3:46 AM
  • Hi ANikolov,

I tested with my private apps many times, when I logged in my test accounts, the link can direct me to the app in the Store every time. The error displayed above is the same as when I did not log in with the test account.Could you check the spelling and format of your test accounts in your customer groups(Known user groups)?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Hi Daisy Tian,

Cheers for putting me on the right track to try and track down the issue.

Looks like the issue is related with that particular account I was trying to use to test (after checking two other accounts from said user group they actually can see the app). 

Do you know of any reason why that might be the case? (Possible restrictions on accounts or why user A might see the app but user B not, given the app is available on all markets and both users are in the same customer group)

Thanks again for your help it's much appreciated!

ANikolov

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Hi ANikolov,

I'm glad to know that you could get your app by the test account. According to your hypothesis, we call the failed test app named B. Could you use B to log in Store and install apps successfully?Could you list the types of accounts B and A? When we log in the Store app, a image appears for Microsoft account/work or school account(as shown in the pictures),is the B account one of them?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9:19 AM
  • Hi Daisy Tian,

Sorry for getting back to you with such a delay (time-zone differences I guess).

I will try to answer your questions to the best of my ability:

1) Yes Account B can install apps via the store with no problem.

2) I am not sure about this all as I am not sure what time of accounts exists, what I can tell you is that the two accounts are using gmail as email service and are linked as Microsoft Accounts(A: xxx@gmail.com, B: yyy@somedomain.com, C: (account used for submission can view the app ok) zzz@somedomain.com. A & C see the app fine B doesn't.

3) All accounts can log in the Store app (however I have to log out of one to log in the other as I cannot add any of them via work or school account)

I am really confused why this is happening, cheers for all the effort you are putting into my issue.

Thanks again!

ANikolov

PS: I presume this will not be of much help but when I try to load the Store Protocol URI and I can see:

Code: 0X00000005

CV: 043veHXOqkqbymX8

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 6:46 PM
  • Hi ANikolov,

You need to ensure that your A account is spelled correctly in your customer groups and you separate each email address with A comma, space, or line break. If the account A meets all requirement, could you reset your Store by the follow steps: 

1. Press Windows+ R key.
    2. Type "wsreset.exe" and press Enter.
    3. Check if it takes you to a store page which displays that the cache has been reset.
    4. Try to open the store app and check.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 6:15 AM
  • Hey Daisy Tian,

After checking the email for the requirements yet again, I am confident the issue is not related to mistypings.

I did reset the Store app but unfortunately that didn't help (I don't believe the issue is client/machine side as I am experiencing the issue not only in the Store APP but within the Store WEBSITE as well).

Cheers
    ANikolov

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:16 AM