2003 question - Building a vacation tracker RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if it was possible to build a process in Sharepoint 2003 without using infopath that can prevent an over-allocation of days. I built a custom list on our team site that holds the maximum number of days that can be taken by an employee. I'd like to use our team calender as the entry point to track the employees vacations. I know I can reference a column in the custom list by adding a lookup type column to the calendar, but it only seems useful if I want to show all the values in that column. Is there a way that I can pull only the column from a specific row, such as a Last Name?
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:55 PM

All replies

• There is a Absence Request and Vacation Schedule Management template available for SPS 2003, refer to the following path and find if it suits for your requirement

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=10060

--Cheers
    • Edited by Prasath C Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:21 PM
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Yes - I have the template loaded already, it is useful however it does not address the need that I outlined above.  (On the same site, retreiving a column value from a specific row from a custom list to a event table) Thanks for you response, I know this request may not be feasible on the older version, just looking for some types of work arounds. My environment users are also using firefox or safari (hence the incompatibility for InfoPath, I know I can do this in InfoPath).
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 4:40 PM