Light Switch or Asp.net? RRS feed

• Question

• User-631063659 posted

hi friends

sorry if i am posting this in wrong section.

i want to make business application but i can't figure out which platform is better because both have ability to go on cloud.

some one please tell me which one is best for making business application.

my heart says Asp.net because lots of possibilities i think... :)

Thanks.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:48 AM

Answers

• User-417640953 posted

Hi zubair56,

Thanks for your post.

Based on your description, I see you facing a choice between Asp.Net and LightSwitch.

Which technology fits your business application depand on your demands.

As you mentioned, Lightswitch now makes app which runs on any browser through html5. However not all browsers' version suppot html5.

Besides, there is an article talking with differences between asp.net and lightswitch and sharepoint and so on.

http://www.sadev.co.za/content/rapid-business-development-lightswitch-vs-dynamics-crm-vs-sharepoint-vs-aspnet-mvc

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:27 AM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

LightSwitch is a RAD Silverlight LOB app tool. The Silverlight roadmap seems to have reached a dead end (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webapps/archive/2014/01/17/silverlight-support-roadmap.aspx) with no indication of a new version beyond 5 (which was released in 2011). It's not a technology I would recommend.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:00 PM
  • User-631063659 posted

but now LightSwitch can creates app in html5 also... what you say about that?

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:07 PM
  • User-821857111 posted
    You don't need lightswitch to build html5 apps. You can use Visual Studio, WebMatrix, expression web or even notepad to to that.
    Wednesday, April 9, 2014 1:49 PM
  • User-631063659 posted

You don't need lightswitch to build html5 apps. You can use Visual Studio, WebMatrix, expression web or even notepad to to that.

but dont you think Lightswitch make app rapidly which we can run on any device

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:32 PM
  • User-821857111 posted

I don't know. But it seems like you have made up your mind anyway.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:36 PM
  • User-631063659 posted

I don't know. But it seems like you have made up your mind anyway.

no buddy, i didnt make up my mind i am still confused either making business app on asp.net or lightswitch.... FYI Lightswitch now makes app which runs on any browser through html5, so there is no question about silverlight.... i hope you clear now.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:44 PM
  • User-417640953 posted

Hi zubair56,

Thanks for your post.

Based on your description, I see you facing a choice between Asp.Net and LightSwitch.

Which technology fits your business application depand on your demands.

As you mentioned, Lightswitch now makes app which runs on any browser through html5. However not all browsers' version suppot html5.

Besides, there is an article talking with differences between asp.net and lightswitch and sharepoint and so on.

http://www.sadev.co.za/content/rapid-business-development-lightswitch-vs-dynamics-crm-vs-sharepoint-vs-aspnet-mvc

Hope that helps, thanks.

Best Regards!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 15, 2014 2:27 AM