none
Not able to use "WCF-OracleEbs" Adapter with Biztalk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am Nishant Gupta. I am a beginner to BizTalk.

I was trying to use "OracleEBS adaptor" with Biztalk server 2006 R2. I went through the tutorial given on Microsoft MSDN website. I followed each & every step many times but when I tried to run the solution every time i got the following exception:

Event Type: Warning
    Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
    Event ID: 5743
    Date:  5/17/2010
    Time:  5:17:45 PM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: ********
    Description:
    The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "LOBPort" with URL "oracleebs://vis/". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.ConnectionException: The Oracle E-Business Suite credentials are invalid. ---> Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.CredentialsException: The Oracle E-Business Suite credentials are invalid.
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleEBS.OracleEBSConnection.ValidateAppsCredentials(OracleCommonConnectionWrapper connection, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleEBS.OracleEBSConnection.InitializeApps(OracleCommonConnectionWrapper connection, String responsibilityName, String responsibilityKey, String applicationShortName, String organizationId, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)
       at Microsoft.Adapters.OracleEBS.OracleEBSConnection.OpenConnection(MessageProperties MessageContextProperties, String ApplicationShortName, OracleCommonExecutionHelper executionHelper)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.IRequestChannel.EndRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Wcf.Runtime.WcfClient`2.RequestCallback(IAsyncResult result)".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have checked User name, password & Datasource many times but i could not find the problem.

Please anybody help me to sort out this problem.

Thanks!!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried using the credentials to login Oracle EBS itself? If not try to do so and ask help from Oracle EBS administrator/support person. Also have a look to this recent post that shows a way to work with Oracle EBS. If you experience other problems with the adapter you can refer to MSDN Troubleshoot issues. You could also use adapter trace utility to investigate the problem you facing with the adapter.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:47 AM
  • Hi Mr. Wiggers,

I tried to login Oracle Ebs using Credentials. I was able to connect Oracle Ebs using those credentials.

Also , In "Add metadata wizard" in visual studio , I was able to connect Oracle Ebs to generate schema. But when i tried to run the Solution from "Biztalk Administration Console" , I got the exception given above.

Is there any other Field to configure except username,password & Datasource name?

Plz suggest me any other solution , if u can??

Regards,

Nishant Gupta

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:06 AM
  • Hi Nishant,

I assume you have also configured the send port according to Setting Oracle E-Business Suite Transport Properties for the Send Port. If so than I suggest use trace utility (see link previous post) to investigate your issue further.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server

BizTalk
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:45 AM
  •  Hi Mr. Wiggers,

Thanks for your prompt reply. But i could not be able to find the "Adapter Required properties" Dialog box.

Plz suggest me the path to access that dialog box.

Regards,

Nishant Gupta.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:41 AM
  • Hi Nishant,

In BizTalk Administration Console you go to your application, and there you can configure it. You can configure there receive/send ports, ect. In send port select type (i.e. this case Oracle eBS adapter) and there you will be able to access properties by clicking configure.

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers
    MCTS BizTalk Server

BizTalk
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:01 AM
  • Hi Mr. Wiggers,

I went through the suggested path but i got dialog box of "WCF-Oracle EBS transport properties". While in the reference link  which u have provided there is the "Oracle apps transport properties".

In "WCF-Oracle EBS transport properties" dialog box, I have given the same user name, password & datasource which i gave in Visual Studio development time.

I did not provide the service address & service name because i already defined them in "tnsnames.ora" file.

Regards,

Nishant Gupta

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:57 AM
  • try giving the ebs username in CAPS - the ebs backend is case sensitive at runtime.
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:36 AM
  • Hi Manas,

I tried to perform the action suggested by you but cold not get succeed..!!!!

Please suggest any other thing..

Regards,

Nishant Gupta

Sunday, May 23, 2010 5:51 AM
  • Then double check with your EBS team if the credentials that are given to you are indeed valid or not.
    Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:55 AM