Project portal / dashboard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm just setting up integration between TFS 2010 and sharepoint 2010 for project portals and so forth.

I just want to show the reports in a dashboard for one project using the agile template (I don't need the web access, reports, or for the site to be auto-created); I'd assumed that once the template was installed, and access to the report server was available, then this would all show up and no other permissions are required - is this correct?

Also, is there a template available that is compatible with the performancepoint dashboard designer?  All the non-IT dashboards here are built using this, and my boss is expecting a similar experience, which I'd like not to be producing from scratch...

Thanks,

• Moved by Pei Gu Friday, December 17, 2010 5:10 PM (From:Team Foundation Server – Migration and Integration)
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 12:53 PM

All replies

• You might need to set site permission for the other user than the "install user" to enable access for the other users. The dashboard as standard Reporting Services report files (.rdl). Is Performance point designer compatable with these?

Roar Jørstad
    Senior Consultant, EVRY as
    Blog: Notebook, trick & tips

Sunday, September 23, 2012 8:25 PM
  • Hey Mr-miles.

I fyou installed TFS with integration to Sharepoint Enterprise, the version of the dashboards that is installed displays the reports as excel sheets exposed through excel services.  (If you used standard, you'll get the SSRS reports.)

If you created the right data source in SP they should be portable, but this is a bit involved.  I have even seen this done where we were able to filter the reports against data from the warehouse/ cube on the dashboard -- but I wasn't involved in that final solution and it was a ton of work through perforance point.

So the bottom line is that it is possible, but you're gonna work for it.

Ryan Hanisco, PMP, PMI-ACP, CISSP
    MCSE, MCTS:TFS 2010, SQL 2005
    RyanHanisco.com

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:54 AM