Newbie Chart web part question RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a chart using the chart web part but I'm struggling to get my head around it. I'd like to base the chart on a task based list. I want it to display a break down of all tasks who due date is after today broken due by the percentage completed. So if there were 3 tasks who's due date is after today and 2 are completed and another is 50% complete the chart will show 2/3 at 100% and 1/3 at 50%. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I tried filtering the list but couldn't figure out how to do "greater than today's date"
    Chris
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 2:39 PM

Answers

• The date filter is the easiest - just create a view in the browser and set the filter to Due Date/ is greater than/ [Today] and use the view in the chart. The difficult part is grouping and totaling which I don't think is possible (you'd expect to be able to do like Excel and pivots but that's not doable as far as I know). You can use excel or excel services or use another charting tool. There is a workaround for counting items which involves creating lookup and reverse lookup but that is not helpful in your case.
    AK
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:42 AM
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 3:34 PM