Caching in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• User778485240 posted

Hi Guys,

I want to perform cheap,secure caching in azure (accessible only to my application).
    The problem is that I want to cache more than just simple strings and values.
    What I want to cache are items such as: List<myObject> for example.

I simply want to be able to store any object or collection which can be referenced by a key.
    I'd also like to set the expiry time of the cached objects, so they get deleted/refreshed without me having to worry about it. 

How can I achieve this?

The main purpose will be data caching to reduce hits on a database, most of what I'll be caching are POCOs or collections of POCOs.

Do I need to do anything special with this to achieve that, i.e. decorate them with [serializable]?  I'm a little unfamiliar with this aspect.

Thanks.

***Edit***

I've just noticed that if you use the azure cloud services product, you can use the available memory of your web/worker role, not sure if the same is true of the websites product, can anyone confirm?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 3:05 PM

All replies

• User1492915735 posted

This is depending on what you would like it to be, For example: create a cache object within the DAL layer then check the cache first before hit database.

Monday, June 17, 2013 9:30 PM