none
[WP8.1]Webview on resume getting black RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

Currently im having an issue with windows phone 8.1 webview, i have webservices been used to collect data from the webview site.
    Strangelly whenever i suspend the app, and resume it again after sometime using it , the screen turns black and for some reason im not being able to debug that specific case.

Any suggestion? 

Thanks

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags
    Do you test it in your emulator or a real device? If you test your app in the real device, could you please tell us what is your OS/App/Visual Studio version?
    I want to reproduce your issue on my side, so it’s better if you can share a completed code sample, better to share it var OneDrive in here.
    Thanks for your understanding. :)

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 1:43 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Amy!

I'm testing in a real device (Model : Nokia Lumia 630, Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update)
    Visual Studio Premium 2013

.Net Framework , version 4.5

Project : visual c#

In terms of code , the only thing that i'm doing its a url validation using Task<bool> and HttpWebRequest on the App_Resuming(object sender, object e).

private async void App_Resuming(object sender, object e)//more or less what im doing
                {
                Object uri = "...";

valid = await validateURL(uri.ToString());//bool

//if not valid send a toast

}

And on this app im doing some network and url validations nothing much.

Thanks

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:04 PM
  • Hello,

I have created a simple test in Windows mobile 10(since I do not have the Windows Phone 8.1 OS), I can not reproduce your issue in my side. Could you please try to test your app in the Windows Phone emulator to see if it works? In this way we can determine if this issue is related with your Nokia Lumia 630 device environment, for example the memory issue. Then please try to add a breakpoint inside the App_Resuming method to see if you can step into the resume logic.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:19 AM
    Owner