none
Not able to access Hue through web portal(Azure HDInsight Cluster) RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All.

HDInsight hadoop cluster is up and running along with i install hue on top of this cluster but we are not able to access hue Gui.

i followed below link for Hue installation with HDInsight cluster.

HDInsight cluster with hue

Note:- correct me may be i am doing some mistake here?

Thanks

HadoopHelp

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• Dear All.

Now we resolved this issue by using below reference !!!

Install Hue with Azure HDInsight Cluster

Thanks

HadoopHelp

• Marked as answer by HadoopHelp Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:52 AM
    Tuesday, December 24, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hello,

Steps to access Hue through with HDInsight cluster:

Step1: Use the tunnel from your browser.

Note: We recommend using Firefox web browser to follow the instructions below.

Open Firefox browser => Options => Scroll down => Network Settings => Configure SOCKS v5 proxy.

Step2: SSH into HDInsight cluster and get the fully qualified domain name of the primary headnode.

Login using putty => ssh sshuser@CLUSTERNAME-ssh.azurehdinsight.net

Once connected, use the following command to obtain the fully qualified domain name of the primary headnode: hostname -f

This will return a name similar to the following: hn0-myhdi-nfebtpfdv1nubcidphpap2eq2b.ex.internal.cloudapp.net

Step3: Use the browser to open the Hue portal at http://HOSTNAME:8888. Replace HOSTNAME with the name you obtained in the previous step2.

http:// hn0-myhdi-nfebtpfdv1nubcidphpap2eq2b.ex.internal.cloudapp.net:8888

Step4: Create your Hue account username and Password, this is used to login in HUE.

Note: When you log in for the first time, you will be prompted to create an account to log in to the Hue portal. The credentials you specify here will be limited to the portal and are not related to the admin or SSH user credentials you specified while provision the cluster.

For more details, refer “Use Hue with HDInsight clusters”.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019 10:08 AM
  • Hello,

Glad to know that your issue has resolved. And thanks for sharing the solution, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Thursday, December 26, 2019 5:34 AM