none
Azure Locations Missing including West US

Question

• I am a MCT running the M20346C course next week in the UK. At the start of the course we run a script that builds 7 virtual machines in Azure using a Azure Trial. Unfortunately the script has to connect to the West US location as this is where the blobs are that it copies. My problem is that now when I set up a new Azure Trial the West US location is no longer visible. There are only 7 locations instead of the normal 11.

This is obviously going to cause a major issue in the success of this course. 

Can someone tell me why Microsoft have reduced the number of locations and how I can ensure the West US location is visible again please? I know it still exists because my MSDN account can still see it.

Saturday, September 19, 2015 11:27 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Whenever an account\subscription is created sometimes not all the regions are exposed to that particular subscription. Support team has to enable the region manually for your subscription.

Please create a support ticket with our billing team, and they should be able to help you :)

You will not be charged for billing support, Here is the link http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/ to create support case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Sunday, September 20, 2015 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Whenever an account\subscription is created sometimes not all the regions are exposed to that particular subscription. Support team has to enable the region manually for your subscription.

Please create a support ticket with our billing team, and they should be able to help you :)

You will not be charged for billing support, Here is the link http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/ to create support case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Sunday, September 20, 2015 8:58 AM
  • It is very easy (and very fast)  to move/copy your images to another region using powershell. Michael Washam has a post at http://michaelwasham.com/windows-azure-powershell-reference-guide/copying-vhds-blobs-between-storage-accounts/

Dan Stolts (ITProGuru)

Monday, September 21, 2015 7:38 PM
  • Hi Sadiqh

Thank you for your reply. However these are free subscriptions we give to our students to allow them learn Office 365. The free azure trial from Microsoft allows them to build a simulated "on premise" datacenter which is has a public ip so they can implement real live mailbox migrations, dirsync and adfs etc.

It wouldn't look very good if they have paid a lot of money to come on a Microsoft Official Course to then have to create a support ticket with Microsoft Azure billing team to allow the MOC Lab instructions they are following to work.

But I do appreciate the response

Thanks

pauline dahne

Monday, September 21, 2015 9:55 PM