Test plan not visible in web access tool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a TFS Server 2012 instance. As administrator I created a test plan with MTM, and then I set as owner the user "test1", which is my intended test manager. He can't display the plan in web access. I set permissions to him to manage test in the area path where I put the plan.  What do I miss? Generally speaking is there a way to share the visibility (and manageability) of test plans or each owner is allowed to view and manage only  his own plans?

Thank you

Federico

Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Federico, 

Thanks for your reply.

I noted that you have created a new post in MTM forum, please tracking the replie(s) in that post. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Hi John,

as you said, I solved the issue in MTM and then everything works fine also in web access tool.

It was a permissions issue

Thank you for your support

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Federico, 

Thanks for your post.

Please ensure that user has the View test runs permission in that team project. For more information about the View test runs permission in project-level, please refer to this document: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/ms252587.aspx#Project.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 6, 2013 5:34 AM
  • Hi Federico, 

If misunderstood anything, please describe your question in more detail and we will try to provide the better responses.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 9, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Hi John,

thank you for your reply.

I ensured the user has view test runs (she also has the "create test runs" and  "delete test runs". I also ensured that the user has the"manage test plans" permission in the area. 

The behavior is actually a bit more complicated: when the user try to create a test with MTM the operation completes successfully, but after created he looses visibility over it, and if he try to click the plan he receives the following message:

"The test plan has been removed: The test plan you tried to connect to has been removed, please select another plan to connect to"

An administrator can view and edit the plan, that has the correct owner.

Monday, September 9, 2013 8:34 AM
  • Hi John,

You did not misunderstand. It was me that didn't actually well understood what happened...

I can confirm you that the user can correctly create a plan by MTM, but when he tries to open it he receives the error:

"The test plan has been removed: The test plan you tried to connect to has been removed, please select another plan to connect to"

The plan exists but he don't see it in MTM and in web access tool too.

I ensured the user has view test runs (he also has the "create test runs" and  "delete test runs". I also ensured that the user has the"manage test plans" permission in the area.

Further details:  TFSServer version: 2012 Update 3 ( 11.0.60610.1)

Is there some log to check or some command line (like tfspsecurity) I can launch to check my system?Thank you very much

Federico

Monday, September 9, 2013 8:55 AM
  • Hi Federico, 

Thanks for your reply.

He also can’t view/open that test plan from MTM? If yes, I think this issue more relate to MTM, I suggest you post this issue in MTM forum for the better response.

When you resolved this issue in MTM, I think he will view the test plan in Web Access too.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, September 9, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Ok,

I try to post the issue to the forum you suggested me.

Thank you very much for your support.

Federico

Monday, September 9, 2013 10:04 AM
  • Hi Federico, 

Thanks for your reply.

I noted that you have created a new post in MTM forum, please tracking the replie(s) in that post. 

John Qiao [MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:31 AM
  • Hi John,

as you said, I solved the issue in MTM and then everything works fine also in web access tool.

It was a permissions issue

Thank you for your support

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:45 AM