none
ODBCAdapter add credentials dynamically from BizTalk

Question

• Hello Everyone , 

I am using ODBC adapter from Two-connect to query Data-com server . Currently I have configured the static two way send port  to retrieve the Data using ODBC adapter .  However I would like to make he credentials being passed dynamically to avoid using my personal access and allow user to have flexibility of using their mainframe credentials . Can someone advice me  with how to make  this change to my port?

Thursday, September 07, 2017 5:34 PM

All replies

• What are the requirements exactly? Is nice to have or need to have
    Transferring username/password through BizTalk towards an ODBC connection could be security risk imo

Would it be possible to have a service account using windows authentication or at least a database account with restricted access?
    NB! If you are using windows authentication the password is not exposed in the data stream

/Peter

Thursday, September 07, 2017 5:51 PM
  • We are creating a Inquiry Service for the representatives who lookup the data for the people looking to create office access cards . The employees have their own Mainframe UserId and Password  to access the Datacom servers, I need to take their Username and Password and access Datacom using ODBC adapter
    Thursday, September 07, 2017 6:08 PM
  • Create dynamic port in an orchestration and set send port properties as needed

/Peter

Thursday, September 07, 2017 8:19 PM
  • Not able to create a dynamic send port without knowing which property to use to pass the username and password as described in the above screenshot
    Monday, September 11, 2017 12:44 AM