ASP.NET Membership and Windows Server 2003 SP2 with Sharepoint Services 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1528434872 posted

I have developed an application that uses the asp.net Membership functionality to authenticate users.  This worked perfectly in production and then something changed.  I am still able to login in, hoever when I try to use the control to recover a forgotten password I enter my username, the security question is presented and I enter my answer and I get an general error message: Your answer could not be verified. Please try again.

I am able to run the application locally from within the .NET IDE with no issues but this error occurs if I try and request the page from outside the development environment.

I am running this application on a Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2, using Sharepoint Services 3.0. 

I have been researching this for days!  So I came across this hotfix from Microsoft, however it is specific to Windows Server 2003 R2, Service Pack 2 with Sharepoint Services 3.0, etc....  I have pasted it below...

'The role provider and the membership provider cannot be called from Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 on a Windows Server 2003 R2-based computer that is running ADFS and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0'

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920764

How can I find out if I am running ADFS and does it make any difference if the Windows Server is R2-based?

I really need some help on this!

Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:23 AM

Answers

• User-1853252149 posted

Try the Sharepoint forums.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2009 9:03 AM