none
Error publication app - documentsLibrary RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! my app has "File Type Associations". When loaded app to store I have an erorr:

Error checking: To use documentsLibrary requires the status of "high reliability."

I want to set DocumetsLibrary Capability, but doesn't found in Capabilities tab.

In "File Type Associations" description there is a choice Edit flags between Open is safe and Always unsafe. Maybe this is it?

Visual Studio 2013, Windows 8.1 App.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hello andrey.krupka,

Thanks for the question! Please note that the the documentsLibrary capability allows programmatic access to the user's Documents, filtered to the file type associations declared in the package manifest.

In addition, apps that declare the documentsLibrary capability can only be submitted from developer accounts which can demonstrate they have acquired an Extended Validation (EV) code signing certificate from a certificate authority (CA). To confirm your EV status, you must download an XML file from the Profile page of your Windows Store Dashboard, then sign it with a valid EV code-signing certificate obtained through a certificate authority. The Code Signing Tool for Xml can be used to sign the file with this certificate. You’ll then need to return to your Profile page and upload the signed file as proof of your EV status.

** You don't need to declare this capability in order to access a user's Documents with the file picker.

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:49 PM