none
Target framework (4.5.2) problem with Vsto RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm struggling with a vsto customization that I distributed on my local network. The client computers have .NET framework 4.5.2 (build:4.5.51209) and after figuring out that the problem is that I was targeting 4.5 in VS, I downloaded and installed the .Net 4.5.2 Multi-Target DevPack (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42637) and republished with that.

But the very same problem occurs when a client starts the vsto:

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi e700k,

What’s the version of your VSTO and your visual Studio? I think you can refer to the following picture for which version of the VSTO needed which version of the .NET, and then you can change the target .NET Framework:

Besides, you can use the .NET Framework setup Verification Tool to verify the .NET 4.5 and .NET 4.5.2, and check the exit codes, refer to: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

JiayiLi

Friday, May 22, 2015 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys;

I checked the thread that pvdg42 advised, though it was not relevant: I don't have a launch conditions setting, because I don't have a setup solution (I use ClickOnce).

JiayiLi, I have MS VS Professional 2013 w/ Update 4 (build: 12.0.31101) and VSTO Runtime build: 10.0.50903. The .vsto I built is for Excel btw. Verification tool gave me 0, so that seems to be ok.

Friday, May 22, 2015 12:16 PM
  • Hi e700k,

What’s the OS version of your client’s environment? Is .NET 4.5.2 installed on your client’s environment? Do you mean that you verify the .NET and VS on your development environment? If so, could you try to change the target framework that is consistent with the version in your client machine and then publish it? After published it, try to open it on your client machine to see whether the error pops up or not.

Best Regards,

JiayiLi

Monday, May 25, 2015 9:44 AM