none
hyper-v ? RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone managed to get the mouse working in hyper-v?

I'm trying to put my image in hyper-v so I can run a pile of instances in different timezones but everytime it starts it says that it can't capture the mouse...

=^x^=

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 9:05 AM

All replies

• Yeah, you just need to add the drivers from integration services to WES7 image. This is what I did:

Extracted vmguest.iso

Extracted support\amd64\Windows6.x-HyperVIntegrationServices-x64.cab

Created hyper-v folder under Out-of-box drivers and moved all the extracted drivers.

When importing .pmq the toolkit picked up the driver folder automatically.

• Proposed as answer by tenox2 Monday, January 27, 2014 9:27 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 9:26 PM
  • I think it doesn't like me because the hyper-v *server* is a remote-desktop session away and for some reason, remote-desktop --> hyper-v guest console = a no-work situation.

Not helped by the remote server being 2012.

It would have been really useful to be able to fire up a gang of wes7 images in different timezones and see how hard they fall over...

=^x^=

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:08 AM
  • I now switched to development of my WES7 image on Hyper-v ws2012 R2, before I release on hardware devices. And by all means I use hyper-v manager and guest console over remote desktop session. I even have working mouse in WinPE. Yes on Hyper-v 2012 R2 via Remote Desktop.

Have you installed the drivers? Are they visible in Device Manager?

Can you run dism /online /get-drivers and post the output (minus any sensitive stuff)
    • Edited by tenox2 Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:12 AM
  • Right! If you can do it, so can I! I will have to try again. 

the desktop where I do all the work is w7, the server is on a different lan running 2012 r2 standard but has some bizarre amount of memory like 36gb ^^;

ICE already includes some hyper-V gubbins, I suppose I should steal the 2012 stuff though like you did. All I get is "cannot capture mouse" type errors...

=^x^=

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Screw ICE stuff for hyper-v. Follow the steps exactly. After you save your .xml examine the contents, you should have the hyper-v driver folders included under offline servicing / pnp customization / driver paths. If not there you can add them manually, but for me it worked out of the box.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:14 PM