none
Party Resolution using Dynamic send Port RRS feed

• Question

• I am implementing EDI for first time and wanted to know if it is it possible to promote certain properties like DestinationpartyName etc ... and dynamically resolve Party in  the dynamic send port or static send Port.

Also can i do this without assigning sendport to any party.I am thinking of using one send port to multiple parties.?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:41 PM

Answers

• If you link it at the orchestration shape witht he code I gave you then no. However you can link the send port on the party and that should work as well. It depends on what you want to do. Make sure that the party is allowed to use the transaction that you are routing.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question

• Proposed as answer by Carlos T. _ Friday, July 13, 2012 7:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by LeoTangModerator Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:35 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:12 PM

All replies

• The DestinationPartyName  has been deprecated in BizTalk Server 2010.

You could call the EDI context properties inside an orchestration with help of Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts assembly has been added to the orchestration project.

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Thursday, July 12, 2012 9:36 AM
  • What are the properties i can call in the orchestration to assign the Party?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:53 PM
  • Right after the map, on the same construct shape, insert a message assignment and then put the code below.

OutboundMSG_Name(EDI.DestinationPartyName) = "Party Name";

Thursday, July 12, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Carlos,

I tried doing the same thing.Destination party name is promoted in the orchestration. But it gives me below error

"Agreement Resolution based on the context properties for x12 Protocol has failed"

I am using bizTalk 2010 and should i be associating the sendport to that particular Party?

Thanks

Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:19 PM
  • If you link it at the orchestration shape witht he code I gave you then no. However you can link the send port on the party and that should work as well. It depends on what you want to do. Make sure that the party is allowed to use the transaction that you are routing.

• Proposed as answer by Carlos T. _ Friday, July 13, 2012 7:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by LeoTangModerator Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:35 AM
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 6:12 PM