none
Compilation of office COM Add-in solution RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 computers:

1. Win7, Office2007, VS 2010
    2. Win XP, Office2007, VS 2010

I've created COM Add-in for office applications.
    If I build it on the second computer, Office applications successfully load it on both computers.
    But, if I build it on the first computer, Office applications don't load it on any computer.

Do you have any ideas for troubleshooting?

Thank you.
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 6:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• How are you loading it on the other machines?

Have you compared the build references for the solution?

When you say, "Office applications don't load it ..." what is happening are your getting an error message?

Is this a VSTO add-in or something else?

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 11:19 PM
  • Hi Rich,

It is COM add-in solution, I install it with "msi" file that created after building solution.

The VS project is similar on both computers, I've copied it from computer1 to computer2.

I don't  get any error massages, the Office aplication simply doesn't load add-in.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:40 AM
  • Hi ab3001,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I want to know the bit model of your Operation System. I’m wounding to know whether you build the same project between 32-bit system and 64-bit system. I would recommend you check your registry carefully. I suppose you have incorrect setting at that place. More information please reference http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vsto/archive/2010/03/08/deploying-your-vsto-add-ins-to-all-users-saurabh-bhatia.aspx.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:09 AM
  • I've managed to solve the problem by reinstalling Office, removing references to PIA and adding them again.

Thanks.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:58 PM