none
Windows Driver build - incorrect path passed to Inf2Cat.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for my question. If not, please redirect me.

I'm new to the subject of windows drivers. I'm trying to build one of the Windows-driver-samples from GitHub (https://github.com/Microsoft/Windows-driver-samples) using Visual Studio 2015. The compilation and linking steps pass without errors and then I get the following error:

TRACKER : error TRK0002: Failed to execute command:
        ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\inf2cat.exe"
            /os:10_x64 /driver:x64\Debug\WFPSamplerCalloutDriver\".
    The operation identifier is not valid.

(Note the relative path in /driver argument).

If I call Inf2Cat manually from command prompt with full path to the driver, it passes without a hitch:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86>Inf2Cat.exe /os:10_x64
    /driver:C:\Users\****\Windows-driver-samples\network\trans\WFPSampler\sys\x64\Debug\W
    FPSamplerCalloutDriver
    Signability test complete.

Errors:
    None

Warnings:
    None

Catalog generation complete.
    C:\Users\****\Windows-driver-samples\network\trans\WFPSampler\sys\x64\Debug
    \WFPSamplerCalloutDriver\wfpsamplercalloutdriver.cat

So, it seems to me that VS somehow failed to provide the full path to the driver in the argument to Inf2Cat.

How can I fix this? Which configuration property of my project is incorrect?

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, October 31, 2017 7:16 AM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 8:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I will move your thread to Windows Desktop DevelopmentWindows Hardware WDK and Driver Development for professional support, if you have problem about visual studio IDE, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem now.

Did anyone looked for the reason of this issue? Maybe somebody knows some workaround?

Thanks.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:24 AM
  • There's nothing wrong with passing a relative path to Inf2Cat.  I just built this sample with VS2015 and the Inf2Cat worked fine.  Are you building this within the IDE, or from a command line?  Have you changed any of the paths in the configuration?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:49 PM