none
WPF Segoe UI Symbols RightToLeft RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm fairly new to wpf and winrt.

The team I work with mostly use winforms, but have started using wpf and winrt and I'm charged with making sure that is setup for translation. In winforms, if I have an image, such as a left arrow, and the app's ui culture is right to left culture, i'll take the image and flip it with a call to Image.RotateFlip. So, in winforms, i have one method all my images can go to for that. Since our team has started using wpf, they have started using the Segoe UI Symbol characters where some have 'mirror' equivalents. My question - Is there a good way to 'flip' those or to auto-get their mirror equivalents? I'd prefer to have a way to do it in the xaml and am not opposed to using some sort of converter. Right now, I'm looking at manually seeking out mirror equivalents for all symbol characters we use and swapping them piecemeal via calls from code. That was panning out ok, til today i noticed that there's a symbol in a textblock which is embedded in a DataTemplate used by many controls. TIA for any help.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi weciii,

Welcome to MSDN Forum Support.

You can try using the following way to do it.

<StackPanel Orientation="Vertical" Margin="0,14,0,5" Grid.Column="1"> 
      <Button Style="{StaticResource AppBarButtonStyle}" 
          FontFamily="Segoe UI Symbol" FontSize="18.667"        Padding="8,8,0,0" Margin="0,0,0,10"       Content="&#xE112;"/> 
      <TextBlock Text="Back" /></StackPanel>
      For more information, you can take a look at Windows
    8 Icons: Segoe UI Symbol
    and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj841126.aspx

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:33 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I tried that, and in FlowDirection.LeftToRight, it shows a left arrow with circle arround it. With FlowDirection.RightToLeft it shows just the left arrow. The desired result would be for it to show a right arrow with a circle around in when in FlowDirection.RightToLeft.

Friday, September 27, 2013 1:23 PM