tiel title transfer in ew4 RRS feed

• Question

• can you transfer tht titles of files
    • Moved by Eric Juteau Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:50 PM Web question. (From:Expression Encoder)
    Monday, May 23, 2011 1:53 PM

All replies

• Could you please provide more information about your question? This is an Encoder forum. Is this a question about Expression Web?
    Monday, May 23, 2011 6:14 PM
  • sorry, thought i was in the right place.....its an expression question....file title always published until service pack 1 uploaded 2 days ago...what happened......
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:04 PM
  • Expression is a product line, which includes many products like Web, Blend and Encoder. Which Expression product is your question targeting?

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:34 PM
  • expressions web 4 - i'm just trying to get the file titles to publish from my development site to the publihsed site like they have always done in frontpage, expressions 1,2,3.....if you open the development site file and check file properties, the title is still there there, but it doesn't show in the published site view...it just shows the full path to the file....example...i have a folder of forms...

under name it shows F423_10_Rev0_1Oct10.docx

Under title it shows forms/F423_10_Rev0_1Oct10.docx

Title should read "Coordination Sheet", as it does in the development site

This began with the update of SP1... 

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:06 PM
  • I'm sorry but I still don't understand. Are you talking about a listing of files? That would display the file name not the page name.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Are you publishig with FPSEs, or FTP?  There is no ability to check file properties on the remote site with FTP, as far as I can see - it's greyed out.  If you are talking about FPSEs, I can't comment because I don't use them.

Regardless - why worry about it?  The page title is in the file and will display on the browser tab.  Just look at the file name, not page title, when you are publishing.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 11:01 PM