Simple Alternatives To Login & Password RRS feed

• Question

• User-224188520 posted

Hey All,

Just about to start a new project for work. Green light has been given on an extranet for our stores.

I am looking to secure the sites based on location without the use of logins and passwords. The data is not really sensitive, it's a lot of instructional how to's and videos and so on for new employees and refreshers for not so new. But I don't want it just wide open(no need to educate competitors). None of our stores have static IP's or I would just limit based on that (I know IP's can be spoofed).

I am just looking for some recommendation for some level of security for this site. I was thinking about generating an encrypted token of some type so each store would have it's own URL query string token then email out the link to each store manager. I realize this could be intercepted or taken off site, but that would be a lot of work for nothing of any real importance.

At a later date there will be more sensitive data on this site. At that point I will just secure the subfolders that are containing that information and use the proper ASP.Net login/password security.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:31 AM

Answers