none
Attunity Drivers support for SQL/SSIS-2005 for fetching Oracle Source data to SQL destination

Question

• hi friends,

im trying to fetch data from Oracle to SQL,

as i got to know that Attunity Drivers are faster than OLEDB,i just want to know whether we can install Attunity Drivers on SQL/SSIS 2005.

or do you suggest me to use same existing OLEDB?

please help.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 11:04 AM

Answers

• The difference in fetching from Oracle is small. The Attunity drivers are faster in the other direction.

And no, the connectors don't support SQL 2005, which is out of support anyway.

David

Microsoft Technology Center - Dallas

My Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:02 PM
  • We've successfully installed Attunity driver on Window Server 2008 / SQL Server 2008 at my company, however, have not tested it with SQL 2005. My guess is it would work with SQL 2005 as well, but can't say for sure.

According to Attunity website, it just says supports "SQL Server" without specifying versions.

Hope that helps,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

• Marked as answer by VJREDDY Friday, December 23, 2016 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:07 PM

All replies

• The difference in fetching from Oracle is small. The Attunity drivers are faster in the other direction.

And no, the connectors don't support SQL 2005, which is out of support anyway.

David

Microsoft Technology Center - Dallas

My Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:02 PM
  • We've successfully installed Attunity driver on Window Server 2008 / SQL Server 2008 at my company, however, have not tested it with SQL 2005. My guess is it would work with SQL 2005 as well, but can't say for sure.

According to Attunity website, it just says supports "SQL Server" without specifying versions.

Hope that helps,

Phil Streiff, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSA

• Marked as answer by VJREDDY Friday, December 23, 2016 11:54 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 1:07 PM