How to determine app's memory usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have this application written in C++ with Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 for WinCE 4.2. It works perfectly. The customer, then, asked us to upgrade it to WinMobile 5, so we updated our code from EVC++4 to VC++8. After some compiling problems (pre-standard C++ vs post-standard C++ and such) we were able to compile it and run it.

However, we're having a problem. While doing some specific task, the application aborts and, according to GetLastError, it runs out of memory. I've been searching info and found the 32-MB-RAM limit for a process.

While in WCE 4.2, the app didn't use more than 6 MB, so I really doubt that the conversion could have increased that much. Still I need to be sure. However, I have no tool for measuring the RAM that my app is using. Does any one know about a tool for such purpose?

Thanks in advance.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 10:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Fernando,

There is a tool named Task manager, which can show every process memory:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2438533&SiteID=1

Best regards,

Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Monday, June 16, 2008 9:20 AM