The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application that is distributed with click-once. One of my users already makes use of it for quite some time without any problems. Only recently, he is not able to launch the application anymore.

During the check that is made to see if there is a new version of the software, he gets the message: "Application cannot be started, contact vendor"

If I copy my application manually, he is able to launch it without any problem.

I included the detailled log below.

Any suggestions?

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
     Windows    : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
     Common Language Runtime  : 2.0.50727.42
     System.Deployment.dll   : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     mscorwks.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfdll.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfshim.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
     Deployment url   : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HEL/Start%20Menu/Programs/BARCO%20NV/Corporate%20Associates.appref-ms

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\HEL\Start Menu\Programs\BARCO NV\Corporate Associates.appref-ms resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
     No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
     There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
     * [11/07/2006 11:37:13 ] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\HEL\Start Menu\Programs\BARCO NV\Corporate Associates.appref-ms has started.

ERROR DETAILS
     Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [11/07/2006 11:37:13 ] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
      - The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, TempFile& deployFile)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
     No transaction information is available.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:18 PM

Answers

• From the description of this error it looks like the ClickOnce store has somehow got corrupted for this one user.

Try the following to recover the store:

1. Run "Mage -cc". (Mage.exe can be found in the .NET 2.0 SDK)

2. Uninstall the application via Add/Remove Programs and reinstall it

3. If neither of these work then the last option is to delete the ClickOnce store and get back to clean state. To delete the ClickOnce store delete the folder "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps".

Before deleting the store if you can send a snapshot of your corrupted store to Microsoft to evaluate further that would be very helpful. You can submit via feedback on http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio.

Instructions to submit store contents:
    - Package entire contents of folder %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps into a .zip file
    - Export regkey HKCU\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment to .reg file

Attach both of these with Feedback report.

Please make sure this folder does not contain any information that is Private or sensitive in nature before submitting.

Regards,
    Sameer

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:59 PM

All replies

• What com references are you using in your application?
    Thursday, July 13, 2006 4:47 PM
  • I don't make any COM references.

When I click on my .application file, it immediately gives the error. And only for this single user.

Friday, July 14, 2006 8:29 AM
  • From the description of this error it looks like the ClickOnce store has somehow got corrupted for this one user.

Try the following to recover the store:

1. Run "Mage -cc". (Mage.exe can be found in the .NET 2.0 SDK)

2. Uninstall the application via Add/Remove Programs and reinstall it

3. If neither of these work then the last option is to delete the ClickOnce store and get back to clean state. To delete the ClickOnce store delete the folder "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps".

Before deleting the store if you can send a snapshot of your corrupted store to Microsoft to evaluate further that would be very helpful. You can submit via feedback on http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio.

Instructions to submit store contents:
    - Package entire contents of folder %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps into a .zip file
    - Export regkey HKCU\Software\Classes\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment to .reg file

Attach both of these with Feedback report.

Please make sure this folder does not contain any information that is Private or sensitive in nature before submitting.

Regards,
    Sameer

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:59 PM
  • Sameer

I got recently got the same error on another ClickOnce install.   Do you want us to follow the information above and send a Snapshot of the store to Microsoft

Or do you have another solution to this that might work.  We've tryed a Few times to remove the app from the Add/Remove programs and it doesn't appear to work.  Have not tried the Mage -cc option yet. 

Thanks
    Rich

-------------------

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
     Windows    : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
     Common Language Runtime  : 2.0.50727.42
     System.Deployment.dll   : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     mscorwks.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfdll.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfshim.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
     Deployment url   : file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Desktop/CampusDishKiosk.appref-ms

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\CampusDishKiosk.appref-ms resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

WARNINGS

* [11/21/2006 2:37:16 AM] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\CampusDishKiosk.appref-ms has started.

ERROR DETAILS
     * [11/21/2006 2:37:16 AM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
      - The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, TempFile& deployFile)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:25 PM
  • I am having the same issue.  Did you get this resolved?
    Thursday, March 1, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Did you wonder about my question or the original thread starter's?

My issue was resolved. See the link I referred to in my post.

Bert

Saturday, March 3, 2007 1:09 PM
  • That did it.  I deleted the folder and there it went.  Thanks for the help.

Monday, August 20, 2007 2:30 AM
  • I had a lot of trouble with this same problem unitl I deleted "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps".

• Proposed as answer by Mike DePouw Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:46 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:04 PM
  • Me too, and the same solution worked - brilliant, many thanks Sameer.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 10:28 PM
  • I started having this problem a few days ago. I don't have the app installed locally - it's installed on a server (via ClickOnce). All the users run the app from the server and I used to be able to as well but am now getting this error. I also have the dev environment installed and can run the app without a problem from there, but as soon as I connect to the server installed app ...

None of the users are having a problem, just me. Since the app isn't installed locally I don't have the option to uninstall it, and I also don't have the localsettings\apps folder, so where to from here? I'm running .net 3.5 framework and VS 2008...

Can anyone help?
    Monday, August 25, 2008 1:31 PM
  • Found the localsettings\apps - and yes deleting it worked...!
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:07 PM
  • This solution worked for me as well.  Thanks much!
    Friday, September 12, 2008 8:21 PM
  • Thanks! Deleting of Apps Folder works!
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:59 AM
  • I tried everything, but deleting the Apps directory was the only thing that worked for me.
    Great tip Sameer, thanks a lot!
    Tuesday, January 6, 2009 4:16 PM
  • Worked for me too. Cheers!
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:46 PM
  • I had this issue and tried every single potential solution. This has been a multi-hour experience for me. As always it turns out to be a pretty simple solution to fix it.

In VS 2008 I opened my solution that was giving me trouble. I opened the property page and clicked the "References" tab. I clicked the "Unused References" button ( I took a screen shot of all the references just in case I needed to go back and replace what was there).  I let the window pop up and populate with unused references. I checked them all and clicked "Remove".  Then I rebuilt the application and published and it worked.

I had not added any references recently and have been creating builds all along without issue, but apparently something has changed to convince the app not to start.

I encourage everyone that when they come to a solution that they explain what they did to correct it in great detail. If any get frustrated like I do, how disappointing is it to see that someone has come to a solution but poorly explained how they solved it! "I clicked the button and deleted the file and Voila!" Ugh....:) </psa>

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:05 PM
  • Same problem for us.

Unable to uninstall App Via Add/Remove Programs.

Deleted All Dirs and Files under: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps

Reinstalled App, everything worked after that.

I see the original post was from July of 2006, I guess the problem has not been resolved yet.  Sameer was asking for a copy of the App Directory, did he receive it?  If not I can provide a copy.

Regards, Mike DePouw
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 4:50 PM
  • While we have found the deletion of the Apps directory to be the only surefire solution to this problem, we're trying to find a way to prevent this problem in the first place.  This issue seems to occur for every user we have beta-testing at least once every 6 months, and we're looking to launch this as a commercial product in the near future. 

Does anyone have any information on avoiding this issue?

Edited for clarity
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:45 PM
  • Deleting under Apps certainly works, but I'm interested in preventing the issue completely.  Why does this happen and what can be done to prevent it?
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:24 PM
  • Mike,

Can you provide a copy for me?

Alternatively, you can run a diagnostic tool on your machine that will collect the data and send to us. I can send you a ticket for doing it.

Thanks.
    Emel Simsek
    Software Development Engineer, ClickOnce.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:14 PM
  • Emel,

Where can I upload the Apps dir to?

Also I can export the current reg key but the computer is now working again.  I didn't see that part of Sameer's instructions... Do you want the current reg key?
    Regards, Mike DePouw
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:04 PM
  • Update on this:

Mike has sent me the data he collected from customer machine. However, the registry and apps directory were not snapshot at the same time which renders it unusable for investigation.

However, I can tell you that we have fixed an issue manifested by the same call stack we see here in .NET Framework 4.0 release. With the fix, we have basically handled a case where the registry metadata and apps directory was out of sync.

We do not know the root cause of the issue though. We suspect that it migth be caused by System Restore.

Had anybody running into this exception performed a System Restore prior to launching the clickonce app through the shortcut?

Thanks.
    EMEL

Monday, April 6, 2009 10:02 PM
  • I just ran across this issue. Two machines (same network) just experienced this issue. I can't say for sure if System Restore was run. However, I can give the scenario:

* Both Machines were updated to a recent version (released last Friday)
    * There was a power outage here and both machines were never shutdown after the update, and lost power (were running on UPS's, but powerloss lasted for roughly 4 hours)
    * Come this morning, both machines are now running the previous version just fine. But, they cannot update (receive the error in above posts)
    * Add/Remove from Control panel not effective in updating the apps.
    * Removing the App's folder cures the issue.

Not sure what caused the revert to previous version? Either ClickOnce did that on its own because of corrupt data of latest version (result of power loss most likely), or a System Restore was automatically run? Or somehow run by user unknowingly. All other systems that were updated Friday (and mostly powered down) are running fine with latest clickonce version update (and can easily add/remove/reinstall).
    Monday, April 6, 2009 11:28 PM
  • Oh, I should say the power outage happened during the weekend. I would think that sHould have been plenty of time for things to be flushed to disk after the update, but I think it is the most likely cause of the corrupt ClickOnce problem here.
    Monday, April 6, 2009 11:30 PM
  • We too had a very rough bout with this problem after a power-outage a few weeks ago.  Pretty much every single machine that lost power needed to have the cache wiped and the program re-installed.  I will try to note if the machine recently went through a non-standard reboot preceding the problem the next time it arises.
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 4:38 PM
  • This happens when to machine is restarted or a power outage occurs and the app is running. Had it happen several times on different machines. Always the same scenario, machine crashes while app is running. Have this happening on a machine now. I will capture the 2.0 directory before and after I restore it.

Friday, May 1, 2009 12:26 PM
  • Kpd0001, Also pull the RegKey referenced above.
    Regards, Mike DePouw
    Friday, May 1, 2009 2:22 PM
  • I have the same problem with one of my apps. We did have a power outage about a week ago. I am about to try removing the app to see if this helps.
    New C# Express Developer
    Tuesday, May 5, 2009 4:46 PM
  • Deleting the App folder worked for me.

Can't thank you enough!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:26 AM
  • Upon investigating an issue with the same call stack where I have got the ClickOnce related data, it seems like the registry metadata is reverted back at some point causing disconcert with app folder. I have a theory : The cause of this would be abrupt termination of the user session + roaming profile. with a roaming profile HKCU hive is saved back to a share during logoff while the app folder is not. Also, HKCU is synched from share during logon. If there is no logoff, then the latest HKCU will not be synched back but in the logon it will be overriten by an earlier version from the share.

This is only a theory. Can anybody following this thread tell me about their profile type?

Thanks.
    EMEL
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 7:22 AM
  • Emel, this happened to me on a non-Active Directory machine.  Local profile only.  No abnormal shutdown or unusual events whatsoever.  One day the application worked--the next day, it didn't.
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:46 PM
  • The user in my org. that had this problem had a local profile.
    Regards, Mike DePouw
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:02 PM
  • In my case, I believe it was a roaming profile (not 100% positive).
    Tuesday, June 2, 2009 4:24 PM
  • Another user just ran into the same issue. Is there any real workaround yet that doesn't involve having to tell the user to delete a directory? Could be very problematic with other (3rd party) clickonce deployments - they might have written data to those folders. Although, I suspect when this problem happens, all clickonce apps are broken. But, still, not a pretty solution - almost like asking the user to delete their program files directory.
    Monday, July 6, 2009 5:10 PM
  • I have been able to reproduce this issue and it happens regardless of login type. Also, I don't see the ClickOnce registry where it was mentioned above, but rather in: HKCR\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment. Weird.

Anyway, I can consistently reproduce this exact error message by simply:

1) Install clickonce app.
    2) Cleanly reboot the system so everything is flushed/synced/written to disk
    3) Publish a ClickOnce update
    4) Get the latest update (I got the update programmatically through the app, although it may not matter which way it is gotten)
    5) After programmatically getting the app, I shut it down (did not run the latest app, though may not matter).
    6) I then yanked power (simulating a BSOD / Powerloss / etc) to cause a hard shutdown

After rebooting, the above error message happens. And the only way to allow the app to update again is to remove the App folder (or delete the registry Deployment entry).

Can't this information be better synced to disk *right after* an update so that subsequent power failures/Window crashes/etc after and update don't render the clickonce process useless? I really don't understand why the system needs the clean reboot in order to stabilize/protect the clickonce cache from corruption.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009 8:37 PM
  • This just happened to me also.  User got an update this morning from click once. Later, the power dropped and user turned off machine, rather than gracefully shuting down. Could not uninstall application, had to remove the directories and volia, could reinstall. 

User is networked, but no roaming profiles or anything like that. No other users were affected.

There needs to be a better, more gradeful way to handle this than having the user delete a directory.
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 6:11 PM
  • Hi Sameer,

I just got the same error message from the App I wrote "Scoreborad", It was caused by powere failure last night. I have tried almost everything to recue it... now I have to try your last option: To delete the ClickOnce store delete the folder "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps". where I can find this folder? Thanks in advance.

Jesse Shu

Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:57 PM
  • Jesse - It should be in the c:\documents and settings directory - from there you go into the user profile directory, \local settings\apps as outlined in your own post.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:28 PM
  • One of our customers also has the same problem.  In his case, he cannot find the Apps folder under Local Settings.  Can someone help?

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows                                 : 5.1.2600.196608 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.3603

System.Deployment.dll                       : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

mscorwks.dll                           : 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

dfdll.dll                                    : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

dfshim.dll                                : 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

SOURCES

Deployment url                                   : http://pointstart-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/PointStarter.application?ticket=262

ERROR SUMMARY

* Activation of http://pointstart-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/PointStarter.application?ticket=262 resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

WARNINGS

* [11/2/2009 12:10:32 PM] : Activation of http://pointstart-dev.s3.amazonaws.com/PointStarter.application?ticket=262 has started.

ERROR DETAILS

* [11/2/2009 12:10:32 PM] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetAssemblyManifest(DefinitionIdentity asmId)

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.Validate()

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionState.get_IsInstalled()

at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.CheckAndReferenceApplication(SubscriptionState subState, DefinitionAppId appId, Int64 transactionId)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)

Monday, November 2, 2009 11:00 PM
  • Did you get this issue addressed?  I am wondering if the customer has not set his/her view options in Windows Explorer to allow seeing the hidden and system folders?
    LDC
    Saturday, January 2, 2010 2:23 PM
  • Hello LyleD,

You don't have to set his/her view option , simply write "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps" on explorer adress bar
    Friday, February 19, 2010 1:43 PM
  • Thanks Sameer - brilliant,

The first 2 options didn't worked but the 3rd option to delete the "Apps" worked.

many thanks Sameer.

-Jit.

Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:54 PM
  • I have been able to reproduce this issue and it happens regardless of login type. Also, I don't see the ClickOnce registry where it was mentioned above, but rather in: HKCR\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Deployment. Weird.

Anyway, I can consistently reproduce this exact error message by simply:

1) Install clickonce app.
    2) Cleanly reboot the system so everything is flushed/synced/written to disk
    3) Publish a ClickOnce update
    4) Get the latest update (I got the update programmatically through the app, although it may not matter which way it is gotten)
    5) After programmatically getting the app, I shut it down (did not run the latest app, though may not matter).
    6) I then yanked power (simulating a BSOD / Powerloss / etc) to cause a hard shutdown

After rebooting, the above error message happens. And the only way to allow the app to update again is to remove the App folder (or delete the registry Deployment entry).

Can't this information be better synced to disk *right after* an update so that subsequent power failures/Window crashes/etc after and update don't render the clickonce process useless? I really don't understand why the system needs the clean reboot in order to stabilize/protect the clickonce cache from corruption.

I can confirm that this is a 100% valid reproduction.  As mentioned by others, the registry is rolled back.  Described here is a way to cause the rollback.  We have about 500 users affected because they do not want to wait for a proper system shutdown (logoff takes too long) and simply press and hold the power button... In our case, their behavior is completely outside of our control and will not change. Bummer!!

They do not have .NET 4.0 installed and won't for quite a while... 

I hope that MSFT can issue a hotfix to cover at least .NET 3.5 in addition to 4.0.

We had to write a seperate, non-ClickOnce app that detects if the issue exists and then it deletes the cache and launches the installer of our ClickOnce app.  However, the user is still required to run this when they encounter the corrupt cache issue.  So, this isn't a solution but it least the users don't have to be technical to know how to clear the cache by other means...

A hot fix is badly needed please!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:52 PM
  • Just wanted to give thanks for the delete-apps-folder solution.  Worked for my group too!  Although, I think within the Apps folder you can navigate to the corresponding app's folder and just delete that one.... Not sure though since I don't have time to experiment.

Thanks again!

Friday, August 12, 2011 6:29 PM
  • After you have lots of versions of your software program, you have lots of Separated Folders in the App's Folder. So you can't navigate to correct folder?

I think Microsoft has to give us a better solution!!

Friday, August 12, 2011 7:52 PM
  • Yes, after many updates there will be lots of versions of the app so it's very difficult to delete one folder and test and delete one folder and test.

I too hope that Microsoft has worked out a better solution!???

Regards, Mike DePouw
    • Proposed as answer by a7thsound Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by a7thsound Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:32 AM
    Friday, August 12, 2011 7:56 PM
  • Hi guys,

My solution was to renew the security certificate (Under Signing, Create test certificate)

Deleting files that matched my project, under Apps didn't helped me at all.

I couldn't delete entire Apps folder because other apps were installed, and those are running without any issue.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 7:35 AM
  • Any update on this issue? The problem was first reported in 2006 and it still exists today - five years later.

We have exactly the same scenario as described by the other users.

Microsoft, please give us an official statement about this issue and how you will fix it.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:33 AM
  • Please see the reported issue at Microsoft Connect and vote for it: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/354842/start-click-once-application-exception-hresult-0x800736b3#tabs
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:42 AM
    • Edited by schorsch01 Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:08 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:08 AM
  • Its been years that this problem has been logged in and I am still struggling hard to find a permannent solution. I am aware of the fact that deleting all the entries from "\Local Settings\Apps\2.0” is a workaround but I am still looking for a concrete solution. If anybody in this forum has any kind of solution then please post it here. It will be of great help to all of us! Can the Forum Administrator please guide me to the Best Primary Contact out of whom I can request for a permanent solution? Kindly reply ASAP.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Thanks, you just saved me an evening fixing a laptop.  :D
    Tuesday, July 3, 2012 3:51 PM