Kids Corner customize tile missing RRS feed

• Question

• When I go into kids corner, the customize tile is missing.I have tried a soft and hard reset, but to no avail.
    • Edited by Shibethedoge Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:36 PM typo
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Shibethedoge:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding the issues you are having with kid's corner.  I have not had any success in reproducing this issue so at this point, I have just a few suggestions.

• Please start by going to settings > kid's corner > toggle to OFF.  Toggle kid's corner back ON. 
    • Once turned back on, go into each section and uncheck all the boxes currently listed.  Once this is done, launch kid's corner.
    • If you have a lockscreen PIN enabled, disable this.  If you have one disabled, try adding one.  After making this change, launch kid's corner and see if anything has changed.
    • If the customize box is still not visible, please go to settings > applications > Internet Explorer > delete history.  Once you have done this do a soft reset by pressing and holding the down volume button plus the power button until the phone vibrates and reboots. 

If anyone else is having this issue please post here with the following details.

• Make and model of phone.
    • Current OS version.
    • Current firmware revision.
    • Regional setting of the phone.
    • Country you are located in.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 6:14 AM
  • I assumed this functionality had been removed in WP8.1. I can no longer change the name or background, like I could in WP8.0. The kids liked to do this. I've done a hard reset (not for this issue) after installing the developer preview, still no customize tile.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:56 PM
  • Is their any chance of them bringing it back?
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Hello All:

Thank you for the follow up.  I did some more testing of this and I may have reproduced the issue but only on my Nokia Lumia 1520.  I also have a Samsung Ativ S and a HTC 8X and both of these phones have the customize tile. 

At this point I have to assume you have Nokia phones.  If you do not mind, please confirm this by posting back with the requested details from my first post.  My gut tells me there is some issue between the Nokia firmware and the 8.1 preview that is preventing this option from appearing on the phone.

As for whether this is brought back, I have no answer for that at this time.  If this is due to some firmware incompatibility, we very well may see this corrected when the official release is rolled out that would include firmware updates. 

I will continue to look into this and will be sure to post any updates as they become available.  I would like others that have noticed this to continue to post here with the details I requested above.

Mark W.

Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:34 AM
  • Mine is a Nokia indeed.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:30 PM
  • I own a Lumia 520, and I don't know the current version number, but it is WP 8.1 preview.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:36 PM
  • Hello All:

Thank you for the follow up.  I am in the process of getting this in front of the right team and this will be reviewed.  I continue to encourage those that have noticed this to post your details here and vote for the thread.  If anyone out there with a Nokia phone running 8.1 does have this option, please let us know that.

Mark W.

Friday, June 13, 2014 2:01 AM
  • Even I have this problem. I live in the USA and have a Nokia Lumia 520. It's on Windows Phone 8.1 Developers Preview.
    Saturday, June 21, 2014 6:18 AM
    • Make and model of phone : Lumia 1520
    • Current OS version : 8.10.12397.895
    • Current firmware revision : 1028.3562.1402.0018
    • Regional setting of the phone : indonesia
    • Country you are located in : indonesia

I also have problem with Kid Corner Customize tile. No Customize tile in Kid Corner.

Please Fix it.

Saturday, July 5, 2014 3:50 PM