How do you lock/prevent zooming? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm still relatively new to expression design and I'm currently using it for basic stuff like putting 2D scenes together. I'm trying to figure out how to prevent expression design from increasing the zoom extent every time I drag and drop an image from my desktop onto the canvas. Is there a way to do this? It gets really annoying when I have to zoom back out and re-position the view I had
    Friday, June 8, 2012 1:59 AM

All replies

• Nope. At least if I am understanding what you are wanting to do. An image larger than your current view is going to always require you to zoom out to do resizing/moving, etc., and I think Ed is "helping" us in that respect.

I do note that while dragging an image onto the page zooms out to display the entire image, using Import Image (ctrl+I) does not. Perhaps that would work for you.

Take care, Mike

Friday, June 8, 2012 4:42 PM
  • Mikes method above is correct. Another alternative is to set the artboard to the preferred zoom, and then saving it by going to 'View' in the title bar and selecting 'New View' from the dropdown menu. After you import the image, you can simply click on the new 'Untitled' tab to return to your previous zoom level. This method also allows you to save multiple zoom states.

PS. Thanks for your feedback as well Mike. I learned something new.  

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 7:54 AM