none
where is Word 2007's aucorrect file named mso1033.acl kept in Windows 7? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am having a lot of trouble finding it despite using search tools. Has it been relocated for Windows 7?  I've recently moved to Windows 7.

tia

Gil

Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:21 AM

All replies

• I should add that I am familiar with the following location but when I make an unformatted autocorrect, the MSO1033.acl file does not then have a new date after closing and reopening.

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office

Cheers, Gil

Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:06 AM
  • On my system, when I just added a new unformatted autocorrect entry, it was the MSO2057.acl file in C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office that was updated.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Gil46" wrote in message news:0a1fd00d-8d59-4c58-9d75-f6cd1b4b18ad@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I should add that I am familiar with the following location but when I make an unformatted autocorrect, the MSO1033.acl file does not then have a new date after closing and reopening.

Cheers, Gil

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:48 AM
  • Hmmm, Doug.  I’m happy to hear from you.  A search on my laptop for that file name does not show up.  And it’s not in the folder mentioned. 

Is mso2057.acl for American English or different?  I think the numbers after MSO correspond to a language. 

Still, it's good to know that's apparently where it usually belongs.

Cheers,

Gil

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:09 AM
  • Hmmm.  Maybe I understand better now.  I do have a file there by that name altho it is several days old but it did not change with my making a new unformatted autocorrect. 

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:17 AM
  • further correction, the file I have is mso1033.acl, not 2057.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:19 AM
  • What I did was create a new unformatted autocorrect and then looked at the file dates in that folder and the one with that name was the one with a date/time that corresponded to the time at which I created the autocorrect and closed Word.

I think that the language was probably set to English (UK), but there are umpteen flavours of English on this machine - literally English for A to Z, starting with Australia and ending with Zimbabwe.
    -- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message news:83595370-d2f2-4b3a-975e-7f4b9cc39e28@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

On my system, when I just added a new unformatted autocorrect entry, it was the MSO2057.acl file in C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office that was updated.

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,

"Gil46" wrote in message news:0a1fd00d-8d59-4c58-9d75-f6cd1b4b18ad@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I should add that I am familiar with the following location but when I make an unformatted autocorrect, the MSO1033.acl file does not then have a new date after closing and reopening.

Cheers, Gil

-- Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 6:22 AM
  • Hi Gil

You'll find there are more resources for end-user level questions such as this on the "Answers" site:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx

The MSDN forums target Developer (programming) questions, so you're less likely to find as many people with knowledge about this kind of thing in these forums...

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 8:25 AM
  • Hi All,

Well, I finally found the active AutoCorrect ACL file out under Computer/Windows C/ Users/Sony47/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Office.  It had been hidden from my prior search function.  I do not know where "Sony47" in the address came from.  It’s not listed as a regular user on my laptop.   At least, I’m a lot further along.  J  Cheers.  Gil

Friday, December 24, 2010 8:26 PM