Form Authentication using Azure library RRS feed

• Question

• User584139459 posted

Hi all,

I am asked to implement authentication using Azure library in a MVC 5 application which will be deployed to Azure.

I am not sure if such thing is possible, please let me know anything around the Subject line.

Is it possible to use Membership/Identity tables and authenticate/register user using Azure library.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sophia

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 12:28 PM

All replies

• User2024324573 posted

Deploying application to Azure means you will use built-in Web Server in Cloud that will make your job easy in terms of configuring the server besides you need a database for your application. You can use SQL Server database from Azure which will be charged based on your uses. Like any database server for your application Azure SQL Server will provide you the database support. 

Is it possible to use Membership/Identity tables and authenticate/register user using Azure library.

When you would like to deploy the application to Azure, create the database in Azure, put the appropriate connection string to your web.config file and export the database from your dev server to the Azure SQL Server.

Hope this will help.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 4:59 PM
  • User584139459 posted

Hi Mostafasydey,

Thanks for reply.

Actually there was some confusion in explaining requirements and technologies to be used.

Now we have decided to use asp.net identity and then deploy on Azure separately.

Still thanks for reply :)

Regards,
    Sophia

Thursday, September 17, 2015 12:07 PM
  • User-376018714 posted

All resources & tutorials on ASP.NET Identity can be found here:

http://www.asp.net/identity

Hope this helps.

Monday, October 19, 2015 5:51 AM