none
Does Windows 10 bluetooth stack support BLE only mode? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a Bluetooth device which is manually configurable to either BR/EDR and BLE dual mode or BR/EDR alone or BLE alone mode. When  I'm trying to use it in Bluetooth LE alone mode on windows 10, it is not being detected. Apart from LE alone, it is detected by windows in both BR/EDR alone and BT/EDR-BLE dual mode.

My question is. Does windows Bluetooth stack have support for LE only mode?

Thank you for your answers
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

The driver in Windows 10 IoT for the Raspberry Pi3 released with only Bluetooth Low Energy support. The comment says, "low bandwidth" it's actually "Low Energy". The Raspberry Pi3 built-in Bluetooth driver only supports low bandwidth devices (7910553).

Can you please collect logs when the radio is in Low Energy mode only while disabling then enabling it in Device Manager?

Can you please share both C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log and C:\bth_tracing.etl files?

Thanks,

Frank

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:11 PM
  • Hi Sandeep,

A co-worker pointed out I might have misunderstood what you meant. Are you saying:

a) I have a remote device which you put in LE only mode and it doesn't show in our UX.

b) I have a radio that is physically connect to a Windows device and isn't loading correctly.

I assumed the 'b' case in my first reply.

Thanks,

Frank

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Hello,

I know this is an older post but I have the same question. I have a BLE only dongle but I get a Code 10 every time I plug it in.

I can provide the requested log files and would appreciate if you could take a look to see what is causing the issue.

Thanks!

Friday, February 14, 2020 3:03 PM
  • To be clear I am saying case 'b' does not work.
    Friday, February 14, 2020 3:08 PM