none
Does the ARM Template go into GIT source control

Question

• Hey guys I have been following https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/continuous-integration-deployment

It the tutorial it demonstrates that a new data factory can be created from the existing GIT source control factory via the ARM template. It is unclear for me however whether the ARM template goes into source control as well. 

My existing datafactory has a GIT source control associated and further down in the tutorial it mentions that when setting up a release management you should have the ARM template in the root folder:

Heading: Set up a VSTS Release => point: 7 Add an Azure Resource Manager Deployment task => d. Select … in the “Template” field. Browse for the Resource Manager template (ARMTemplateForFactory.json) that was created by the publish action in the portal. Look for this file in the root folder of the adf\_publish branch.

My challenge is that when I click publish I don't get this arm template generated for my existing data factory. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if the only way for this template to be created is via creating a data factory from an ARM template in the first place or if this is a bug as I am still quite new to azure.

Can someone please help and let me see the pieces I am missing

Cheers

Jaie

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 7:56 AM