Do i have to manually add the code to my app

Question

• i want to add a trial period of 1 day to my app ,my app is written in html & javascript, i didn't added any additional code for this , i just uploaded the package & chosen 1 day trial period in app pricing stage , does the app automatically stops working after one day or i have to add mandatory code to my app during submission to achieve this trial period.??
    Sunday, June 23, 2013 2:53 PM

Answers

• no code needed if you just add an time limit. only code needed if want to limit the functionality

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:04 PM
  • After the trial expires the app cannot be launched. If the app is already running it will continue to do so. You can add code to detect that the trial has expired while the app is running. See the docs and samples for example code.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:52 PM
    Owner

All replies

• no code needed if you just add an time limit. only code needed if want to limit the functionality

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Sunday, June 23, 2013 3:04 PM
  • thanx dave , but my friends dowloaded my app from store , they told me that my app worked for 3 days rather than just 1 day as i stated during my app submission , why is this??
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:46 PM
  • After the trial expires the app cannot be launched. If the app is already running it will continue to do so. You can add code to detect that the trial has expired while the app is running. See the docs and samples for example code.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:52 PM
    Owner