No ad available RRS feed

• Question

• While I was creating ad units for apps in pubCenter, everything was working fine. Now, it isn't possible to create new ad units in pubCenter, so, for my last app I created ad unit in Dev center. But, it doesn't work. Ads aren't generated, and I get "No ad available" error every time. Application ID and Ad unit ID are correct and I can see that there are requests for the ads from the app, but there are no ads.
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Mario,

Since you cannot pick the size of the ad unit in Dev Center, you need to be careful and ensure the size of your ad control is one of the standard IAB sizes. Else, you might not see ads.

Can you please check?

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Monday, October 19, 2015 9:12 AM
  • Hi Shreyas,

thanks for your answer. I have chosen standard size of 480x80.

I am still using Win Phone 7.8 and it is designed for this OS. Could that be a problem?

All my old apps were also designed for 7.8, but they also worked on 8 and 8.1 and ads were also working.

Monday, October 19, 2015 1:12 PM
  • Hi Mario,

The OS version should not be an issue - any ad unit created from Dev Center, is actually created in pubCenter in the backend - only the UI to create it has moved. Everything that used to work for you in pubCenter should work the same in Dev Center.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Thursday, October 29, 2015 9:34 AM