Test Case Filter parameters RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to run an automated build and I want to use the Visual Studio Test Runner to run all the tests that aren't marked with a specific TestCategory so I put a Test Case Filter in of TestCategory != Integration .  The build errors out with a "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Input" ? Can I use operators other than = in the Test Case Filter syntax?
    Monday, April 16, 2012 10:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Bryan,

I am assuming that you are using Beta/Consumer Preview build. For this build, test case filter supports only = (equal) and || (OR) operators. We have more operators in our backlog for future builds.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vikram Agrawal
    Developer, VSTLM, Microsoft Corporation

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Bryan,

I am currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, April 20, 2012 4:04 AM
  • Hi Bryan,

I am assuming that you are using Beta/Consumer Preview build. For this build, test case filter supports only = (equal) and || (OR) operators. We have more operators in our backlog for future builds.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Vikram Agrawal

Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Thanks Vikram - I will be excited to see the new operators that are added.  As a note it would be great to have that captured in the documentation somewhere (available operators) - I looked and looked and couldn't find it!
    Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:08 PM
  • Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your feedback.

I added a post explaining operators of filtering expression in VS11 Beta:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vikramagrawal/archive/2012/04/27/testcasefilter-in-vs11-unit-testing.aspx

Regards,
    Vikram Agrawal,

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:31 AM
  • Thanks for doing that Vikram
    Friday, April 27, 2012 12:42 PM
  • Hi Bryan,

We added some more operators in RC for TestCaseFilter. You can find description for testcasefilter expression at Running selective unit tests in VS 2012 RC using TestCaseFilter

Regards,
    Vikram Agrawal,

Monday, July 23, 2012 1:44 PM