Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 setup encountered Error on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• User981355838 posted

Hi,

I need help Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 setup encountered Error on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.  I tried to install many time failed every time. Please advise how I fix this issue. 

--------- Error: -------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 Setup

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly

‘Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common,version =‘9.O.O.0,publicKeyToken =”bO3fS

f7f1ld5Oa3a”,processorArchitecture=MSIL,fileVersion =9.O.21022.8’,cultu

re=’neutral” Please refer to Help and Support f& more information.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 9:16 PM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Thethi

Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 setup encountered Error on Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

According to Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 document in Microsoft Download Center, I'm afraid that you can't install Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 in Window Server 2008  R2 Enterprise.

For Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008, Supported Operating System

Windows Vista, Windows XP

•Required Software:

o .NET Framework version 3.5: You must install the .NET Framework Redistributable Package version 3.5 prior to installing the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008

Best regards

Angie Xu

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:25 PM
  • User981355838 posted

Thanks XU, we already installed microsoft report viewer red 2008 in QA & UAT without any error same box Windows 2008R2 Ent. but in production could not install encounter error could not resolve issue. .net 3.5.1 feature already install.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:44 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you want to install Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008, you could follow the installation guide mentioned above to do that.

Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.

• Click the Download button on this page to start the download
    • Do one of the following:
    • To start the installation immediately, click Run.
    • To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
    • To cancel the installation, click Cancel.

Best regards

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:26 AM