Error Attaching DB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to attach a DB but I receive every time the following error:

Any idea. Please, help. I am using a new installation of SQL Server 2012. I haven't got such problems using 2008.

Thanks.

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:25 PM

Answers

• via Windows, check the NTFS permissions on the file itself, i.e. right click it, select properties and look at the security tab.  Ensure that the account that the SQL Server service is running under can access the file and the directories that the file's in.

Thanks,

Andrew Bainbridge
    SQL Server DBA

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem, or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:59 PM

All replies

• try running SSMS as an administrator.  Also, check the permissions on the MDF/LDF file's themselves

Thanks,

Andrew Bainbridge
    SQL Server DBA

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem, or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Thank for your quick reply but can you give me more details about permissions e.g. how to check and etc. I am administrator of the PC what more to do? Please, give me a hand because I need to attach the database ASAP. Just to mention my database was originally created in 2008 is there knowing problem attaching to 2012?

Thanks.

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:44 PM
  • via Windows, check the NTFS permissions on the file itself, i.e. right click it, select properties and look at the security tab.  Ensure that the account that the SQL Server service is running under can access the file and the directories that the file's in.

Thanks,

Andrew Bainbridge
    SQL Server DBA

Monday, May 14, 2012 4:59 PM
  • Thanks Andrew. Your suggestions was right on place.
    Monday, May 14, 2012 5:12 PM