Uncatchable exceptions

Question

• Hello, I was developing Windows Universal App in past half year and I encountered few uncatchable exceptions during my work. I solved all problems, but I am still curious, why this strange behaviour occurs. These exceptions are placed in try-catch statement, but still they raise exception even in try braces and are not catched, break app, VS shows Exception options table. Invalid code is in try-catch. Catch was set to catch several different exception, including general Exception and nothing could really catch this error. I wanted to add screen with example, but it seems I haven't approved account.

Another similar uncatchable Exceptions are raised when two MessageDialogues are shown at same time or with opening non-existing file. They all appear within await async methods, as far as I can see.

I cannot find explanation all over the internet so I asked this question on StackOverflow, where, I believe, was missunderstood and noone given me answer. It is truth I am quite new to WinRT, but still noone could explain to me, what this does mean. If anyone could explain me this, it would be great.  

Thanks

Friday, March 27, 2015 10:53 AM