Recognition of gestures from foot is slower than from hand. Why?

• I'm working with the code available in David Catuhe's book that identifies a simple swipe with right hand. 

When I change the joint to right foot the recognition of the joint and of the gesture is much slower!

Someone knows why? And how can I solve this problem (if there's a way)?

The code for swipe:

// Swipe to right
                if (ScanPositions((p1, p2) => Math.Abs(p2.Y - p1.Y) < SwipeMaximalHeight, // Height
                    (p1, p2) => p2.X - p1.X > -0.01f, // Progression to right
                    (p1, p2) => Math.Abs(p2.X - p1.X) > SwipeMinimalLength, // Length
                    SwipeMininalDuration, SwipeMaximalDuration)) // Duration

Available on:

Thank You!

• Edited by Julia Terra Monday, October 28, 2013 8:59 PM
    Monday, October 28, 2013 8:58 PM

• You might want to post your question on the publishers support pages under the "Ask a question" link. I don't know that the author or publisher would monitor these forums for their support.

Without knowing how the application was written, you will need to discuss that with the author or do some further investigation into the code they gave you. The positions p1/p2 should be calculated based on the hand vs foot and may be normalized/scaled in some way. Calculations for hands would be different for feet to account for the ranges they can travel based on a central point, like the hip or neck for example.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:53 PM